Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Utah time



Minus a few awfully oversized and hideous houses, this is my take on the view from our (awfully oversized and hideous) home-away-from-home.  But other than my aesthetic and environmental complaints about the house, I really can't complain at all.  It is a great location, and lots of space for all of us. 

The biathlon team's annual Utah training camp has just begun.  This is only my second year out here, but I already feel like its an October tradition.  Its a great place to train.  And once again I'm amazed by the the beautiful, subtle array of colors in the hills here.  And then of course there are the aspens, which aren't subtly-colored at all, and are just awesome.   

We're out here to get in some good altitude training, and also because there are two rollerski races out here next week that constitute the second half of the trials races for being chosen to head to Europe in November.  And heading to Europe in November is definitely a goal of mine for this year!  It would be the jump-start to my season that I was missing last year.  



No comments:

Post a Comment